Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oldfield happenings

We finally got Daddy on a camping trip with us. I have been camping a couple of times on my own with all three boys because of Seth's work schedule. So it was miraculous that his work accommodated and he was able to join us for the 4 day adventure. It was wonderful weather, much cooler than down in the valley of Sacramento. It was a nice respite from our sky high temperatures. the kids had a great time exploring, hiking, playing in the creek and reservoir.
We returned home on Sunday late afternoon and I quickly fell very ill with a fever, chills, coughing, congestion, achy body, and other lovely symptoms. I felt so bad for Seth, he had to unpack and clean up everything by himself but he did it without giving me a guilt trip and kept the kids entertained so that i could rest. He is wonderful.

The other thing my husband has been doing is building a shed in our backyard. It is huge and very much needed. I'm so glad he is so handy and motivated. All that we have left to do at this point it to put the shingles on the roof, and do the final painting. We primed the whole shed this week. I can't wait to have some storage space.

I'll post some pictures of the process and finished pictures soon.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love camping, I'm glad you were able to go as a family. I hope you are feeling better now. That's so cool that Seth is building you a shed.