Saturday, January 5, 2008

Same stuff, different day...

So another year is gone and I can't think of very many significant events that happened but I guess that's how life goes. Same stuff, different day. And we go around and around.

The Sunday before Christmas, I had every intention of blogging but ended up in the ER with Noah for the 2nd time in two days. After 6 x-rays, two consecutive days in Emergency rooms, we found out that he had fractured his collarbone. If you've never taken your kid to the ER then you have no idea how uncomfortable it is to be sitting there. And living in California, I am terrified that CPS is going to show up any moment. Anyway, last November Noah fractured his right humerous, now his clavicle. I can't wait till next year to see what happens. Having three boys has made me be very hands off and I let them mostly work things out themselves and I don't pay attention to crying unless its particularly frantic or if its right in my face. My kids know that if they are really hurt and need Mom's attention, they'll have to bring it to me. So Saturday afternoon, I'm wrapping Christmas presents in the bedroom when I hear a small cry, as usual, I ignore it. We have lunch, get ready for naps and then Noah mentions that his arm is hurting and I notice he's holding his right arm funny. I send him to bed for naptime, head to the store to make a return. An hour later, I get a call from Seth saying I need to get home to take Noah into the ER, his arm is definitely broken. Anyway, this is getting long, after waiting forever, they x-ray his arm and shoulder and decide he must have sprained his shoulder, nothing they can do, send us home. That night while getting Noah dressed for bed he is screamin in pain and I notice his neck is swollen and he has a funny looking bump off his collarbone. Since I was teaching the combined lesson in YW the very next morning, I decide I'll take him in again once church is out. This time I go in and tell them they need to x-ray the right part. Lo and behold, it's fractured. The best part....Ma'am, there's nothing we can do about it. Just be careful. Off to home. I love doctors and how helpful they are.

Onto something more upbeat, we have a trampoline now and I LOVE it! The kids go out there everyday and when naptime rolls around they are out like a light. Thanks Boppy for the great Christmas present. I stand by the fact that every Mom needs one.

Yesterday was exciting, we had near hurricane weather here in Sacramento! It was crazy! Our fence blew down, tons of trees were uprooted, cars were flipped over, roofs gone off houses and over a million people lost power. My kids have a new appreciation for electricity now. And now Noah is very interested in the news and weather report.

Hope everyone's new year is off to a good start and that you had wonderful holidays!

1 comment:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I guess it is a trade off, boys break there bones, girls will cause you to go deaf with all the high pitched screamin'! I hope he is feeling better, and props for the blog update!